We are GigSalad, an online entertainment booking marketplace (launched in 2006) serving the U.S. and Canada. We move fast, work hard, and have fun. We are passionate about what we do: providing a safe, easy platform for anyone to hire performers and services for events.
As Product Designer at GigSalad, you’ll be responsible for designing a widely-used marketplace that has serviced millions of users. We’re looking for a seasoned pro – a designer who is comfortable creating beautiful, functional experiences and is excited to understand and solve the problems of our market. As an instrumental part of the company, you’ll work closely with product management and engineering to take your vision from idea to execution. Your insights will not only influence the look of the site, but will also extend to branding and marketing initiatives across the company.
We're looking for a full-time employee who is excited to improve our marketplace. We’re a private and profitable company. We like tackling rewarding problems, taking time to solve things the right way, and focusing on a single product. Reach out to us and learn more about your role in improving GigSalad.
Note: We are flexible on where you're located, as long as you are in the U.S. or Canada. We have offices in Springfield, MO and Wilmington, NC.
As Product Designer at GigSalad, you will
- Lead the UI/UX design and impact millions of people
- Understand our users and the problems they're looking to solve
- Craft our visual identity
- Be directly involved in growing our business and identifying areas of improvement
- Develop and maintain mockups and specifications as needed
- Participate in ongoing discussion with product, engineering and other team partners to bring beauty and simplicity to complex issues
The ideal Product Designer we’re looking for has
- 4+ years of experience designing for the web
- A solid portfolio of web-based projects
- Experience with e-commerce or marketplace sites
- Good remote communication skills
- The creativity to design clean, usable solutions to common web patterns (search results, messaging, forms) in mobile and desktop environments
- A permanent home in the U.S. or Canada
- A desire to help us create the world’s best (and most beautiful) booking platform
What we offer to you:
- A competitive salary
- A matching 401k
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- $1,500 in a yearly education expense account (books, conferences, programs, etc.)
- A fitness reimbursement program
- A startup atmosphere with the stability of an established, profitable company
- A remote job structure that respects your work/life balance (GigSalad’s offices are located in Wilmington, NC and Springfield, MO but we also have remote employees)